Wednesday, January 6, 2010

leftovers...& chicken salad!

Last nights dinner was leftovers, like I had said, I had a ton of Layered Enchilada Casserole leftover from Monday night so naturally I ate it for lunch AND dinner on Tuesday. Needless to say, It'll be a couple weeks before I make it again. It was SO yummy, but still! I did make some chicken salad for lunch today and tomorrow though and it's good! It was easy too and so much better than any canned chicken salad!

I don't have a like to a recipe, since I through it together myself from other recipes :)

Chicken Salad (this is enough for 2-3 servings..)

2 chicken breasts
1/2 c. red grapes
2 tbsp lite mayo
1 tbsp pecans
2 tbsp diced white onions
greek seasoning ( mine is from Pampered Chef & I love it!)
salt, pepper & olive oil

1. Pre-heat the oven to 350. Drizzle olive oil in a dish and place chicken breast in. Season with salt & pepper.
2. Bake for about 20 minutes, or until cooked throughly.
3. Once chicken is cooked, let cool.
3. Chop chicken.
4. Quarter the grapes and add to the chicken.
5. Add pecans and onions to chicken and grapes,
6. Stir in mayo and season with greek seasoning to taste.

YUM!
I made a salad out of spinach and topped it with the chicken salad and a couple pieces of pita bread. yum!
Totally easy & fabulous!


No comments: