Monday, January 16, 2012

Mixed Berry Muffins

Since I'm off work today, I decided to make muffins with Baileigh. My co-worker, Angie, is an amazing cook/baker and has a family cookbook that she and her mom & sister collaborated in. One of the recipes in the book is for Yogurt Muffins. The recipe is actually from an old, little shop in Dubuque called Annie's Lil' Bits. The owners retired a few years ago, but published several of their recipes. One of the things it was famous for was these yogurt muffins. I have never made them before, but as I was browsing Angie's cookbook, I saw she had included the recipe from Annie's. Below is the recipe & a few pictures of my delicious muffins.


Yogurt Muffins (Annie's Lil' Bits)
1 c. butter, melted
2 c. vanilla yogurt
1 c. sugar
2 tsp vanilla
4 egg whites
2 tsp baking soda
2 tsp baking powder
4 c. flour
2 cups any fruit (berries, bananas, peaches, etc.)


Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Blend together all wet ingredients and sugar.  Blend together all dry ingredients. Mix wet and dry mixtures together. Add the fruit. Top with cinnamon sugar, white sugar or brown sugar, depending on the fruit.


Bake for 20-25 minutes. Makes about 24 regular muffins or 12 jumbo muffins.




Heres the muffins before they hit the oven! I used frozen mixed berries (thawed)


Mmm, just out of the oven! The juices from the berries started to give the muffins a blueish color...but they still taste great!




Mmm berry muffins! Perfect treat for this monday off work! Thanks Angie for sharing your families cookbook!

No comments: